Have you ever come home with a 24-pack excited to get those bottles chilled only to open your fridge and find it filled to the brim? Not a single space for even one bottle or can. Then, when you ask the family to clear up a row to chill your brews, your request is met with disdain. If this is relatable, you need a beer fridge.
A beer fridge solves all of your problems. Your family will be happy to have more space in the “normal” fridge, and you will be glad to have a selection of your favorite brews nestled together at their optimal temperature, waiting for you whenever you want to crack one open.
The garage is the best place to keep your beer fridge. All of your tools and cars can keep your brews company when you’re away. Even more importantly, a fridge in your garage is out of sight from the main living spaces, so everyone in your household will be happy.
With so many refrigerator options out there, you are probably wondering how to choose the best beer fridge. Luckily we have already investigated this topic for you. Let’s look at some of the best beer fridges for your garage.
What To Look For In A Beer Fridge
When you want to dedicate a fridge entirely to beer, there are some key features you want to make sure to check out.
The Type Of Fridge
If you have ever been refrigerator shopping, you have seen how many options and types there are. For beer fridges, we recommend you look at these three kinds:
- Freestanding fridges
- Built-in fridges
- Mini fridges
Freestanding fridges are the most popular refrigerator design. They come in standard-sizes and typically have wheels or some other mechanism to help move them. Their installation process is straightforward, and if you move, you can bring a freestanding fridge with you.
Built-in fridges are becoming more popular in new houses. These refrigerators are permanently fixed into the location you choose to install them. They are designed to sit flush with cabinets or surrounding walls, to create a seamless look.
Mini fridges are also portable but are much smaller than any other type of refrigerator. However, if you only need to store a few beers, you can save a lot of money with a mini-fridge purchase.
First, you need to determine where you are going to install your beer fridge at your house. Then make sure you pay close attention to the size of fridges. Size is more important if you want to install a built-in fridge behind a home bar or something similar. If you have a large space in your garage, then most standard fridges will fit.
Beer fridges can have transparent or opaque doors. Glass paneled beer fridges look sleek. You can see your beer while it cools down, and you automatically know, without opening the door, when it is time to restock.
Opaque doors may be better if you install your beer fridge in the garage or a room with a lot of direct sunlight. Sunlight is not good for bottled beer, and opaque doors can prevent any skunking from happening.
The 8 Best Beer Fridges For Your GarageInvalid table id.
Let’s take a look at some of the best beer fridges for your garage so that you can find the perfect one.
1. Whynter BR-130SB Beverage Refrigerator
- Product dimensions: 33″ H x 17″ W x 18.5″ D (20.5″ D with handle installed)
- Capacity: 120 standard 12 oz. can
- Mechanical temperature control with temperature range from high 30ºF – mid 60ºF
This freestanding fridge can hold up to 120 standard cans and is only 33 inches tall. It stores a lot in a compact space. A beer fridge that maximizes space is perfect for smaller garages. You can still keep plenty of beer cold, without clearing out a large section of your garage.
Another great feature is the adjustable thermostat. With a range of 30ºF to 60ºF, you are sure to find the ideal temperature to keep your beer cold. There is also an internal fan-forced ventilation system to ensure even temperature distribution. Every inch of this fridge will stay cold, which we all want in a beer fridge.
This beer fridge is also very pleasing on the eyes. The stainless steel-rimmed glass door stands out against the sleek black cabinet sides. If your garage is more than just a storage space, this fridge will help create a finished look in your favorite corner.
- Compact size doesn’t sacrifice beer holding capacity
- Adjustable shelves
- Excellent ventilation system
- Loud compressor
- The glass door may sweat in humid areas
2. NewAir NBC126SS02 Beverage Refrigerator And Cooler
- Powerful refrigeration chills drinks all the way down to 37 degrees.
- Roomy design holds 126 cans in an attractive, stainless steel design.
- Removable storage racks create space for cans, bottles and more.
This top of the line beer fridge from NewAir would make the perfect addition to any garage. You don’t have to sacrifice a sleek design for functionality with this fridge because it has both.
The double paneled glass doors ensure optimal insulation to keep your brews cold. You don’t need to worry about an improper seal. This ingenious door also has a reversible recessed handle, allowing you to open it from either side. No matter the direction you come from, you have easy access to a cold one.
This fridge also has a series of removable storage shelves. You may not be packing this fridge with the same sized beer all of the time, so having the ability to adjust the shelving units is very important. You can customize the inside storage space to match your needs. We know you like to change it up, so you shouldn’t be restricted to a particular can or bottle size.
- Quiet compressor system
- Adjustable and removable shelves
- 126 can capacity
- No temperature gauge, only temperature levels
- LED light is not automatic
3. Whynter BR-062WS Beverage Refrigerator
- Measures: 18.5" Long x 17" Wide x 25" High
- Capacity: 90 standard 12 oz. cans
- Stainless steel trimmed glass door with sleek white cabinet, recessed handle provides a flush finish with the door with cylinder lock and two keys
This model is another excellent beer fridge option from Whynter. The door has a built-in lock to guarantee security. It will give you peace of mind knowing your beers are safe anytime you leave your house.
Another great feature is the powerful compressor cooling system. It is designed to cool your drink down to 30ºF, guaranteeing ice-cold beers. Also, it’s soft LED lighting is perfect for dark spaces.
This fridge comes in two size options. One holds 62 cans, and the other one holds 90 cans. You get to decide which one is better suited for your beer storage needs. Both fit flush with the wall, so you don’t have to worry about leaving a few inches free in the back for ventilation. Either model can fit snugly in a small corner so that you can save space for your other interests.
- Two size options
- Built-in lock feature
- Energy efficient
- May not fit uniquely-shaped cans and bottles well
- Temperature control dial in an inconvenient space
4. Danby Look-All Fridge
- 4 castors with stainless steel ball bearings for rust resistance
- Tested for cooling capacity in a tropical environment
- Rate IPX4 water ingress protection for safety
This durable fridge is guaranteed to keep your beer ice-cold even in the hottest environments. Danby has put this particular model through arduous tests to ensure outstanding cooling capabilities. They say your drinks will stay just as cold in a tropical climate as a temperate environment. We all know how hot it can get in a garage in the middle of summer, so it is reassuring to use a fridge that can take the heat.
Also, the high-quality stainless steel fridge sits on four castor wheels. You can make a home for this fridge in a section of your garage. Then, during those summer parties on your patio, you can easily roll it out and plug it in to keep cooling your brews. These wheels are also rust-proof, so you don’t have to worry about them getting ruined if your fridge is sitting for weeks without movement.
- Rust-proof castor wheels for indoor/outdoor use
- Efficient in high heat environments
- Waterproof electric housing
- Not meant to be outside permanently despite what advertising suggests (garage is still okay)
- Can’t use to cool food
5. Bull Outdoor Stainless Steel Refrigerator
- Stainless steel exterior door panel
- Space saving flush back design
- Reversible door - left or right swing
This outdoor refrigerator would have a great home in your garage. The 304 stainless steel is designed for outdoor kitchens, so you know it is built tough. If it can survive rainstorms and intense sunlight shining down on it in the middle of summer, it can thrive in your garage.
The interior is a little different than your standard beer fridge. There is one drawer, side shelves, and a seven-can dispenser built into the door. You not only get plenty of shelf space for your bottles, but you also get a can dispensing system and an extra drawer to keep your snacks. You can also remove this drawer to make more space for beer, but you may find it’s nice to store a few other goodies.
- Extremely durable material
- Extra storage features
- Can move to an outdoor kitchen if you want
- May not get as cold as other beer fridges
- Can dispenser doesn’t fit all types of cans
6. Frigidaire Retro Bar Fridge Refrigerator
- 3.2 Cu Ft Retro Style Fridge with Bottle Opener
- Compressor Cooled for Ultimate Cooling Performance
- Removable Glass Shelves
If you are a fan of 50s style themed places, this is the beer fridge for you. With six color options, you are sure to find a favorite. It is almost a shame to place such a statement piece out in your garage. But, it just gives you more reason to set up an entertainment area so that you can have the retro fridge on full display.
This fridge is one of the most affordable options in the 3.2 cubic foot capacity range. Usually, vintage-inspired appliances are expensive because you pay more for the design, but that is not the case with this beer fridge.
The adjustable shelves mean you can customize heights to fit non-standard shaped cans. Another excellent storage feature is the door. There are shelves specifically designed to hold large bottles. Some growlers may even fit, so you can purchase this fridge, knowing it will hold all your beer vessels.
- Fun retro design
- Built-in bottle opener on the side
- Great deal
- Loud motor
- Door seal can have some issues
7. AstroAI Mini Fridge
- COOL TO WARM: Cool up to 32°F (18°C) below ambient temperature, or keep warm up to 150°F (66°C) ，86°F (30°C) -64°F (18°C) within an hour, 86°F (30°C) -50°F (10°C) within 2 hours, 86°F (30°C)-37°F( 3°C) within 3 hours
- 4 LITERS OF CAPACITY: Store ！(6) 12 oz cans！with ease; Inner dimensions are 5.5” x 5.3” x 8.07”; The removable shelf makes small items like yogurt, fruit, milk, or juice easy to separate
- AC110V/DC 12V ADAPTERS: Two plugs are included for both standard wall outlets and 12V cigarette lighters in vehicles; NOTE: Make sure to only run your cooler/heater while your vehicle’s engine is on or you risk draining your vehicle’s battery
This easy-to-carry mini fridge is an excellent option if you don’t want to commit to a full fridge unit. It can store six standard cans, so it is perfect for the casual beer drinker who isn’t looking to have a vast supply of beer at a ready to drink temperature.
Because this fridge is small and easy to carry, you can easily take it out of your garage. With both a standard wall outlet plug and a 12V car adaptor, you can keep your beer chilled on the road while driving to your party destination. Once you arrive, simply pick up your fridge and plug it in the wall to keep those beers cold. It is better than any cooler you can buy.
The smaller motor and size also means this is a quiet machine. Most beer fridges make audible noises when the motor kicks on, but you will not have that problem with this fridge. Once you put it in your garage, you will never notice it until you need a cold beer.
- Comes with a 12V car adaptor
- Extremely portable
- Can act as a warmer as well if you need it for something besides beer
- Only holds six cans
- Better at keeping cold cans cold, not cooling down room temperature cans
8. N’FINITY Pro HDX Wine And Beverage Center
- STYLISH HOME BAR - Professional quality and stylish design. The N'FINITY PRO HDX Wine and Beverage Center by Wine Enthusiast is sure to light up and beautify any room that it graces; bringing your home bar or game room to a whole new level.
- DUAL INDEPENDENT COOLING ZONES - Stores up to 35 standard Bordeaux wine bottles and 90 cans of beer or soda. The N'FINITY PRO wine fridge includes 7 pull out shelves in the left zone and 4 fixed beverage shelves in the right zone.
- DIGITAL TOUCHSCREEN CONTROLS - Easily adjust the temperature without having to open the door. Set each side independently for white or red wine and drinks; the left zone ranges 41-72 degrees F while the right zone ranges 36-72 degrees F.
Don’t be scared of the word “wine” in the name; this beverage center holds plenty of beer. There are two sections. One side is designed to hold 90 cans of beer, while the other holds 35 wine bottles. We know that you want a beer fridge, but sometimes it is nice to have the option to store wine. Maybe, someone else in your family is more of a wine aficionado. With this fridge, you can please everyone.
You also have two options for installation. You can have it freestanding or built-in. The built-in is better suited if you have a countertop in your garage, and you want a fridge to be underneath and flush with the other cabinets. The freestanding model is great if you are unsure of the exact spot you plan to put it.
Another cool feature is the external touchscreen temperature control pad. Many beer fridges have the temperature adjustment mechanism placed inside of the unit. This placement means you have to open the door to change the temperature. Every time you do that, cold air rushes out, so your fridge is forced to use more energy to balance the internal temperature.
The N’FINITY fridge has fixed this problem by placing their temperature control on the outside. Simply touch a screen to change the beer or wine environment.
- Two storage spaces
- Sleek design
- External temperature control system to change each side independently
- Only one side is transparent
- The motor can be loud
Time To Make Space In Your Garage For A Fridge
Gone are the days when you get half a door shelf in the “normal” fridge to store three bottles of beer. You deserve a separate space for your precious brews.
If you never want to wait for your beer to cool down again, it is time to buy yourself a beer fridge. From fancy to functional, there is a beer fridge for everyone. Whether you want a sleek built-in design to complement your unique garage space or a freestanding fridge to keep your beer cold, there is an option for you.
Any of the eight fridges above can help solve all your warm beer problems. All you have to do is pick one that matches what you want. Say goodbye to warm beer and get a fridge today!
Related: Cool Wall Mounted Bottle Openers