With the holiday season fast approaching, sometimes you may think it’s difficult to know what to buy for a beer-drinking friend.
Fortunately, we beer lovers are pretty easy to buy gifts for – just buy us beer, the clues in our name “beer” lovers. Ok, goodnight, end of the post, that was short and sweet!
No, I joke, there are plenty of perfect gifts out there that you could buy for the beer lover in your life, and I’m not talking about one of those dumb workman helmets with two cans attached to either side (although they can be fun at frat parties I suppose!)
Whether it’s a gift for beer drinkers or something for the avid home brewers amongst us, let’s take a look at what could be the ideal gift to keep a beer lover happy this holiday season. You never know you may end up treating yourself to a few of the beer gifts this year!
One of the problems every beer lover faces at one time or another, especially in the hotter summer months, is how to keep that ice-cold brew extra icy cold. A beer cooler like those made by the guys at Yeti Coolers LLC can be the perfect companion for outdoor adventure-loving beer aficionados.
Yeti Hopper M30 – Best Soft Cooler Bag
- YETI’s tough-as-nails Hopper M30 Soft Cooler has a major update. With the 2.0 Version their signature wide-mouth opening has been reengineered to stay open with ease and close tight with a gentle push.
- MAGSHIELD ACCESS: Powerful magnets create an ultra leak-resistant shield that stays open when you need it and seals closed with a gentle push.
- COLDCELL INSULATION: Closed-cell foam offers impressive cold-holding capabilities, helping keep your frosty goods ice cold.
Yeti’s largest Soft Cooler bag the Hopper M30 has enough space to fit a full case of your favorite beers in plus a couple of extra cans for good measure (26 beer cans) at a ratio of 2:1 ice-to-cans.
It’s also available in a 20-beer can size and an 18-beer can backpack cooler version. Extra tough with ultra-strong magnetic strips ensuring the top seals tight and locks the cold in, a redesigned extra-wide mouth top stays open when needed for easier loading.
Perfect for a hot summer day out at the beach, throwing in the trunk for a road trip, or a picnic while out camping, a soft cooler like this is the perfect gift for beer travelers.
Yeti Tundra 75 Hard Cooler – Best Cool Box
- The YETI Tundra 75 is the outdoor cooler that's ideal for keeping your family and friends fed and hydrated, able to hold up to 50 cans with recommended 2:1 ice-to-contents ratio, briskets, or fishing limits easily
- Ice stays ice thanks to up to 3 inches of PermaFrost Insulation and an extra thick FatWall design is certified Bear-Resistant
- The Rotomolded Construction makes the Tundra armored to the core and virtually indestructible so wherever you decide to take it, this portable cooler’s sturdy construction will stand up to the rigors of the journey
If your beer-drinking buddy is more of a tailgating party, backyard BBQ, or simply stay-in-one-place kind of guy, a more sturdy and larger retro-style hard cool box, like those made famous by Colemans in the past, could be a better option.
The Tundra 75 from those guys at Yeti Coolers again, is a super tough rotomolded construction that uses freezer-quality gaskets to keep the hot out and lock the cold in. Holding 57 cans of beer at a 2:1 ice-to-can ratio it’s large enough for most BBQ gatherings and even robust enough to take on longer hunting expeditions.
Nothing is getting hot in this monster of a cool box which has a patented Fatwall design with three inches of pressure-injected polyurethane permafrost insulation to lock in a just-packed temperature.
Personally, I would love to find one of these under my Xmas tree this holiday season. I’d be even happier if it was filled with my favorite beers.
GrowlerWerks uKEG128 – Best Mini Pressurized Keg Cooler
- UKEG - keep beer fresh for weeks.
- CARBONATION CAP - automatically regulates pressure to optimally carbonate beer. Choose desired carbonation level, from zero (off) up to 15 psi.
- VESSEL- durable, double-wall Vacuum-insulated Stainless Steel.
Buy any beer connoisseur one of these stylish growler/mini-kegs and he’ll be the envy of all his beer geek friends.
A durable, double-wall vacuum-insulated stainless steel growler holds up to one gallon of beer, and thanks to the patented Variable Pressure (VPR) cap, keeps their beer cold, fresh and the beer carbonated (up to 15 psi) for up to 2 weeks.
A dispenser tap allows you to pour beer easily at any time without removing the cap and you can even change the tap handle to personalize it or represent your favorite craft beer brewery. A pressure gauge and sight glass allow you to see how much of your brew is left and top up with CO2 from the easy-to-find food-grade CO2 cartridges if the pressure seems to drop.
Also available in a half-gallon uKEG 64 but why bother? If you’re going to carbonate your next IPA and take it to the party with you, you’ll at least want enough to show off your new gift.
GrowlerWeks even offer a twin pack with a special beer carrier for the all-day drinker, now they’re talking my language!
Cooper Cooler HC01-A Rapid Beverage & Wine Chiller – Best Fast Chiller for Beer
- Electric machine chills cans in 1 minute and wine bottles in 6 minutes
- ADD ICE AND WATER to rapidly chill beverages. Beverage rotates while being sprayed with ice water.
- Automatic touchpad features preset times, extra-chill setting, and add-ice indicator light
The holiday season is a time for impromptu social gatherings, but what do you do when there’s not enough cold beer in the house? We’ve all tried putting cans in the freezer before but, if forgotten about, the resulting explosion when opened can be messy and won’t leave too much beer left to drink.
The Cooper Cooler electric rapid cooler uses just ice and water with a spinning plate that rotates the beverage while the iced water is sprayed at it to cool cans or beer bottles down in just one minute, and even a whole bottle of wine in under six minutes.
It works a bit like the old college party trick of an electric drill and a barrel of ice but is much more controlled and an absolute steal at under a hundred bucks.
Other Cool Gift Ideas for Beer Lovers
You can never underestimate how important keeping beer cold is to a beer buff. Simple little things like a neoprene jacket around the can or a bottle of beer can help during the spring months.
Maybe your local craft beer hangout has branded bottle/can cooler jackets which would make an ideal stocking filler of a gift.
Stone beer coasters which can be kept in the freezer and used to keep beer glasses or bottles/cans cold as they are drunk can be quite easy to find in most local stores. Some of your bargain basement stores may also stock double-walled insulated glasses that could keep beer cold and be an extra little gift.
Once you have mastered the art of keeping your beer cold, you are going to want something to drink it out of. Specialized beer glasses can be a very personal gift and allow the beer enthusiast to show off his latest brew to his beer buddy, and some even say they make the beer taste better.
- Keeps Beer Cold: Designed with double wall insulation to keep beer colder, longer; Leave it in the freezer to have a chilled, drinking-ready glass on hand
- Holds a Full Bottle: Extra-large capacity means the glass can take every drop from your beer bottle or can
- Ready to Gift: Makes a wonderful choice for the beer lover in your life and comes in luxury gift packaging
Spiegelau Deluxe Craft Beer Tasting Kit
- PREMIUM BEER TASTING GLASS KIT - Four essential glasses for the craft beer lover. Each glass is designed to enhance a specific beer style for the perfect sip. This tasting kit contains an IPA, American Wheat, Stout, and Barrel Aged glass for a well-rounded selection.
- GERMAN-MADE LEAD-FREE CRYSTAL BARWARE - Sparkling lead-free crystal construction and elegant modern design enhance your beer-drinking experience. Pour your favorite IPA or Barrel Aged brew and take your beer connoisseurship to the next level.
- DISHWASHER SAFE – Spiegelau’s Platinum Glass process ensures your glassware’s brilliance. Even when run through 1,500 dishwasher cycles, these glasses remained flawless, without scratching or fogging. Rinse thoroughly and polish for best results.
These fancy glasses make even the most ordinary of beers feel a bit more special. If you are wanting to upgrade from beer pong cups or novelty pint glasses, this set includes an IPA glass, an American Wheat beer glass, a stout, and a barrel-aged beer glass to ensure you have the perfect vessel on hand at all times.
Pick up a couple of sets for conducting your own educational and entertaining tasting sessions with friends. These crystal glasses are the perfect gift for the beer connoisseur in your life.
The Draft Top 30 – Turn a Can Into a Glass
At the other end of the scale, you could always buy this ingenious 100% American-made invention that smoothly cuts off the entire top of your beer can and transforms it into a drinking glass.
- THE ORIGINAL DRAFT TOP: The Draft Top is the original topless can opener, fully patented and crafted to be the ultimate easy does it can opener. Use as a beer can opener or soda can opener, this can top remover is from the one and only Draft Top!
- UPDATED 3.0 DESIGN: The latest Draft Top design features modified splitters made of wear resistant materials and a softened handle to prevent from over-squeezing, so the original topless can opener serves up a smooth performance as your favorite can opener bar tool!
- RIP AND SIP:The Draft Top is the versatile bar tool that works on domestic, imported, and craft beers, soda, energy drinks, canned wine and cocktails, iced coffee, and much more. Its patented 4-blade design removes the top of most 8 to 16 oz aluminum cans quickly and with ease
The makers claim it lets the beer breathe right out of the can so you can enjoy the full aromas. With an incredibly smooth rim, you could add ice, garnishes, or even make some beer cocktails.
At only $20 it makes a nice little novelty gift for beer lovers.
North Drinkware Mt Hood Pint Glass
For the craft beer lover who appreciates the finer things in life this collection of pint glasses from North drink ware pays homage to three different places and includes a blown “mountain” at the base of each glass which makes them both handsome and fun.
Originally inspired by the view from Mt Hood Portland, the Oregon Pint started the ball rolling with a highly successful Kickstarter campaign.
Since then, North Drinkware has expanded the collection to include Mount Bachelor and Pacific City pint glasses. At $50 a glass, they are quite extravagant, but they elevate your drinking to the next level, and isn’t the beer lover in your life worth that?
Peroni Italian Beer glasses
- Set of 4 Signature Peroni Glasses
- Hexagon Base
- New for 2020
Nothing is as elegant as drinking your cool crisp pilsner from a traditional pilsner glass. Now available in packs of four from such well-known retailers as Amazon and Walmart, these Peroni glasses are a modern classic that should keep even the fussiest of pilsner drinkers happy.
Custom Pet Beer Glass by Buzz Barks
- Clear glass holds 16 ounces and is made in the USA
- Digital printed design: Custom Pint glass for any occassion
- Click Customize Now to get started; your custom text and picture will be printed exactly as typed
We all have a friend, or maybe even a few, who love their pets nearly as much as their beer. God forbid, some would say even more!
A beer drinker’s four-legged BFF can now be printed onto a beer glass of their choice by an Etsy store, and they can even add their name or custom text.
This is perhaps the most personal of glasses you could ever get an animal-loving beer drinker and a gift they will always remember.
Beer Kits and Beer Club Subscriptions
- Best beer Kit for Beginners - Our beer kits are designed for the first-time brewer in mind Step-by-step instructions, simple ingredients and easy to use brewing equipment.
- Only Takes 30 Minutes of Your Time to Brew - Using our hopped Malt extract you can brew up a batch of beer in less than 30 minutes.
- Includes the Best Ingredients to Get Started - Brewing with Mr. Beer’s Hopped Malt Extracts are perfect for any brewer. It cuts down on time, reduces the risk of contamination, and helps create a more consistent beer every time.
One of the things many beer drinkers particularly like is discovering new beers, whether they have brewed them themselves or they have been delivered to the door at the start of every month to try.
A home-brew “brewery in a box” kit can be an ideal gift to introduce somebody to the joys of home-brewing with plenty available through general online retailers like Amazon or specialized beer supply websites.
If the beer lover you are searching for a gift for is already an experienced brewer maybe you should consider buying them some upgraded equipment like a glass carboy instead of the plastic fermentation bin they currently use.
Beer box subscription clubs are run in a similar way to many of the “Wine of the Month” clubs our parents may have once subscribed to. Once a month a selection of craft ales is sent to your door with the option to purchase any at a discounted rate should any take your fancy. With a monthly subscription, it’s the gift that just keeps on giving.
Maestro Premium Homebrew Starter Kit
- Perfect starter kit for beginning home brewers
- Easy to follow instructions
- Auto siphon included
This premium starter kit from the guys at the acclaimed MoreBeer website includes everything needed to get started in home brewing. If your beer-loving friend has never tried to brew at home before this gift could be the perfect introduction for them.
With a massive 8.5-gallon stainless steel kettle. a 7-gallon fermenting vessel, a copper wort chiller for quick cooling, and a bottling bucket provided, it has everything to take you from the first mash to the bottle. All the beer lover has to add is some bottles, of which I’m sure they’ll have a few spare hanging around.
Including mesh grain bags for brew day, a thermometer, a hydrometer, and transfer tubing with a bottling wand, Maestro really has thought of everything in this brewing kit. They even include a delicious American pale Ale recipe kit with yeast to get the lucky gift recipient started.
An awesome beer gift that can teach any budding home brewer all aspects of beer brewing.
Tilt Hydrometer and Thermometer – A Gadget for the Beer Nerd Who Seems To Have Everything
- Designed for home brewing.
- Instantly check the specific gravity and temperature of your brew while it's fermenting.
- Don't have to open your fermenter or take a sample for a SG or temp reading.
If you’re looking for a gift for somebody who is already an experienced home brewer, there are plenty of equipment options out there to upgrade to, or you could just go down the boring route of buying a gift voucher for their favorite beer supplies retailer.
However, for the more tech-savvy homebrewer, a Tilting Combo of Hydrometer and Thermometer can be a much more interesting gift and one they will appreciate more.
A relatively new innovation, these tilting devices use Bluetooth to connect to a nearby mobile device and allow the homebrewer to monitor the essential numbers of their beer at every stage of the fermentation process. They remain in the brewing kettle or carboy and simply upload data to a mobile phone whenever the brewer passes by, with some even uploading data to the Cloud.
They are relatively simple to use but the more adventurous techie brewer can adapt the system and connect external microcomputers like a Raspberry Pi for a more advanced brew system.
It’s a gift most homebrewers don’t even realize they need, but once they have tried it they will wonder how they ever managed without it. My idea of a perfect gift!
Original Craft Beer Club Subscription
With so many different beer subscription clubs available it can be difficult to choose which one is best.
We have already looked at “The Microbrewed Beer of the Month Club” in another post where you can find a full review of this well-renowned beer club which has been around for over 25 years.
However, another Beer Across America delivery service which is worth looking at is the Original Craft Beer Club which sends out four styles of authentic craft beers every month (three of each kind) showcasing two different beer producers from two different regions in the US.
Along with each box of bottled beer, a beer lover will also receive a publication, Micro Brew News, which gives the background story of each of the featured breweries and tasting notes for each beer.
With a selection of between 2-12 months of prepaid membership, this is the ideal gift for a beer lover. What better gift to give the special beer-drinking person in your life than beer delivered to the door every month? I may even treat myself to membership if the wife doesn’t take the hints I keep dropping!
Beer and Food Gifts for the Beer Lover
Most beer fans are also wannabe foodies. Whether it’s outdoor BBQs or gourmet fine dining, beer pairings with food is a hot topic of discussion in the beer universe.
Food and beer pairing kits make the ideal gift that non-beer lovers can also enjoy.
Beer Infused BBQ Sauce Set of 3 by Uncommon Goods
This gift set allows beer lovers to add a hoppy kick to their next outdoor cookout. The set of three sauces, Thai Style Siracha, Honey Mustard, and Sweet & Smokey use a malty Amber Ale, an IPA, and a porter from Jackie O’s Pub & Brewery in Athens, Ohio for a set of BBQ sauces infused with real craft beers. A great gift for any beer-loving grill meisters.
The Beer Pantry: Cooking at the Intersection of Craft Beer & Great Food – A Cookbook for Craft Beer Lovers by Adam Duyle and Michael Harlan Turkey
- Hardcover Book
- Dulye, Adam (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
For the budding chef and beer lover, this book teaches you how to cook with your favorite craft beer. Adam Duyle, the executive chef of the Brewer’s Association, has created more than 75 recipes that elevate the pub grub you eat with your favorite craft beers to a chef-given cuisine style of food.
It will teach beer lovers about the flavors of ale they already enjoy, such as crisp & clean to hoppy & bitter, and show how to pair each of them with food.
From smoked beef brisket with rosemary confit potatoes to rich desserts like a Dark Chocolate soufflé you are in for a treat when you gift this book to a beer-loving friend – assuming they invite you for dinner!
Beer Can Chicken Roaster
- Stainless steel wire rack, cooks a chicken upright by beer can method
- Safe to use with charcoal grills, gas grills, smokers, and ovens
- Uses any 12-ounce can of beer or soda for added moisture
If you have never tasted beer butt chicken, a BBQ chicken where a can of beer is shoved up its butt, you are in for a treat when you gift this to your favorite beer lover in your life.
Available from many online retailers and most local hardware shops, this stand keeps a chicken in place while standing it over a beer can on the grill. It’s one of the best ways to keep a chicken moist and delicious, and something every beer lover (and their friends) should try at least once.
Make Your Own Beer Infused Hot Sauce Kit by Thoughtfully Gourmet
- HOT SAUCE & BEER UNITE - Create your own hot sauce with a twist inspired by your favorite beer
- DIY HOT SAUCE - Each kit comes with a range of peppers, products and recipe card to get you started
- MAKE YOUR OWN - Follow the included recipe card or experiment to achieve your desired Scoville level
If you know a beer lover who has yet to meet their perfect hot sauce, this make-your-own kit from Thoughtfully Gourmet could be the perfect gift.
With a range of peppers such as Ancho Pepper powder, New Mexico Chilli powder, dried Cayenne peppers, dried Chipotle peppers, and dried Gaujillo peppers, there’s everything a beer lover needs to start making their own beer-infused hot sauces. (Unfortunately, the beer isn’t included but that shouldn’t be a problem for a beer lover!)
Sold gift bag ready, the kit even includes miniature glass beer bottles, 2 funnels, a recipe card for 2 favorite sauces (American Lager hot sauce and Amber Ale hot sauce), and 2 sets of gloves. Simply wrap, slip in a bag or add a bow, and this unique beer lovers gift is ready to go.
Pretzels & Beer Cheese Kit from Uncommon Goods
Any German beer lover will tell you pretzels and beer go together like strawberries and cream. With this gift set from Uncommon Goods, any beer foodie can transform their kitchen into a Bavarian tavern.
The mouth-watering set includes all the dry ingredients you need to make 12 salty and crispy pretzels and homemade beer cheese – just add milk, butter, and beer. With a six-pack of their favorite beer, this is one of the best food gifts for beer lovers this holiday season.
Beer Novelties and Stocking Fillers
Not all gifts have to be huge gestures. Maybe you are looking for a gift for that beer-loving colleague at work or you have bought the main present for the significant beer lover in your life and just want a little extra for them to open later in the day.
Vouchers for their favorite beer shop, a ticket for a brewery tour, or just a simple branded keyring/bottle opener can be great extra gifts. But here are just a few of the more quirky gift ideas for beer lovers I thought you may appreciate.
Beer Cap Map – from many Etsy Stores
- 70 BOTTLE CAPS FOR ALL TYPES. Holds all types of beer caps from import, domestic, and craft beer bottles. It can be used to collect soda caps. Insert the cap from the outer side so that the image and style name is on the front side.
- HIGH-QUALITY LIGHT MATERIAL. The material used is 1/4 inches premium quality birch plywood. The material looks great, it’s durable and doesn’t need any special care, fits any interior room.
- DIMENSIONS: 22.8X14.1 INCHES (58X35.9 CM). It’s a big, high-quality map for people who enjoy original d?cor with sense.
I simply love the beer cap map I was given last year, and I’m sure the beer lover for whom you’re looking for that perfect gift will too.
A standard map of the US is carved out of Birchwood and then has 80 slots (holes) to fill with the beer caps from breweries nearby or far away. If the giftee loves to travel then this makes an ideal gift and a good talking point when hung on the wall.
I personally treat mine as homework with the challenge to fill every slot on the map with a beer cap from the local breweries.
Sudski Shower Beer Holder by 30 Watt
The importance of that early morning beer in the shower is often overlooked. This gift is sure to raise a smile on any beer lover’s face and I’m sure they will be tempted to take an IPA to the shower at least once.
And the best thing is it’s totally portable – a silicone film on the back of the holder grips to any shiny surface. Ideal for taking on holiday with you! Perhaps just remember to remove it from your shower when the mother-in-law comes to stay.
Hoppy IPA Beer Soap by Swag Brewery
- A PERFECT GIFT FOR BEER LOVERS - Beer soap is a perfect gift for just about anyone who has ever enjoyed a beer. But it's also great for people who simply enjoy great scents, artisan soaps, and fun American-made goods.
- SHOWER, SHAMPOO, SHAVE - Our beer soap lathers super well, cleans as good (or better) than anything you've used before, and it doesn't dry out your skin! Use it on your face, body, and in your hair!
- ACTUALLY SMELLS GOOD - The scent is derived from the beer itself and can be described as smelling spicy, herbal, and grassy.
This soap captures all the piney scents of a good IPA and is often described as smelling spicy, herbal, and grassy. Made in the USA with real hops and real beer, the soap lathers well and is not just a great gift for beer lovers but anybody who enjoys the great scents of artisan soaps.
Guzzler Drinking Helmet from Amazon
- Cool party wear - Just like all crazy parties you have seen in movies, Wearing this cool novelty drinking hat will bring you lots of fun!
- Where to use - Tailgate Party, Fraternity Party, Backyard Party or Anyplace there's drinking!
- Also for kids - Kids and children can have fun wearing it drinking soda and juice and enjoy their remarkable night.
We can’t mention novelty beer gifts without the old classic beer can helmet. If you thought these only existed in those bad college movies think again!
Bringing the party vibe home this holiday season for any beer lovers, they’re sure to wear it when gifted with it, but it may end up stuck on top of a wardrobe for the rest of the year.
Mini Beer Pong by Uncommon Goods
This beautifully crafted mini beer pong set is sure to stir up memories of college days for any beer lover lucky enough to receive this gift.
With fun launching little catapults at either end of the mini table, a custom cup layout allows for more strategic repacks.
The miniature cups also allow for a more adult way of drinking artisan beers rather than chugging gallons of Bud. A great gift for sitting on the office desk and cracking out in-between boring board meetings.
You were probably panicking when you first tried thinking of the best gifts for the beer lover in your life but hopefully, I have shown the possibilities are endless.
I’ve only just scratched the surface of some of the best gifts for beer lovers – my wish list is a lot longer. Maybe accidentally leaving my iPad open on this page can drop a few hints to my beloved wife……